Thursday, August 02, 2007

Art-Dogs In Caps


Today I have around 6 portraits I am focusing on including 2 little dogs in caps. I love it when my clients get creative with their photographs and try adding in clothes, toys and other props. This Bichon is Martini, and I am also working on her sister Merlot.
This is my first tame version of Martini and now I have to come up with a few wilder options to proof my client with.

You can see from the before picture below that my first step was to eliminate the tear stains, and then rotate Martini a bit to give her a more playful posture. Once I had my basic composition I started playing with color and digital paint strokes. This painterly portrait will take a few more hours to complete and proof. By playing a bit with the paint strokes around her mouth I have almost given her a subtle little grin. Yes she looks quite happy in her pink cap.

No comments: