Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Yay ... A New Cat Portrait

"Carlos" ( see all proofs)
© Rebecca Collins / artpaw.com


 This is Carlos and he is shipping out today. I love his pretty eyes. The original photo for this project was very nice to work with. I made his pupils just a tiny bit larger and bumped the green a bit in his eyes.



Some of you may have been following the monthly art collage reviews I have been creating from the last year.  The biggest thing that doing that review work has taught me is that I am not creating near enough cat artwork. I adore cats and miss having them in my life. This year I am going to have to figure out a marketing technique that will get more cat clients to show up. We tend to be very dog-centric at Art Paw, but we love cats too.

2 comments:

Susan Tantlinger said...

Good painting! Have you thought about going to Cat Shows and setting up a stand? You could feature your cat art and take your best dog art too, cause it's terriffic. Personally, I have thought of cat and dog shows as places where a stand space would be less expensive and the crowd is, by definition, wild about animals. What do you think?

Autumn Leaves said...

Cats have paws too! He is fabulous, Rebecca!