Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cat Pet Portraits

Yay, more kitty cat art to print up soon! I just updated Maybelline kitty with some fun bold background options. We tend to get in 1 cat portrait to every 3 dogs, and I would love to see my feline works grow in number this year... so if you know anybody that adores their cats, consider turning them on to Art Paw for the pet portrait needs.

Maybelline ... one cool cat
( see all updated proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

About The Art:
Our original photo had an adorable "sleepy-cat" pose and yet the coloring and contrast was sort of all the same ( dark). My first step was to play around with levels, brighten things up and erase the background. I kept some of the carpet because if I had just erased everything she would have been floating in space. I added some color-highlights to Mabelline's coat and played with 17 different background and  coat color options. After the client saw her 1st large round of proofs she requested a circle ground that she had seen on another cat in my gallery named Boo. She wanted me to try Boo's ground in raspberry & purple-blues. I showed the exact ground with new cooler colors and also messed with the ground a bit adding in new circle lines, as you can see from the first image at top.

"Boo"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

No comments: