Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mister The Corgi

"Mister"
34 x34
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

Last month we shipped out a special memorial portrait for a sweet Corgi boy named Mister. When the order was placed I had a nice phone call with my client and got a good idea of this character's fun personality. He reminds me a lot of my Big Tommy.

I don't always hear from all of my clients after the projects ship however it is always a treat when I do. I often work alone in the studio so when happy e-mails arrive in my in-box it makes my day.

Thanks Kathleen  for letting me play with your big eared boy and for your very kind words ....

"Mister came today and he is just fabulous!  We pulled him out of the box, propped him up on the mantle and we just stood there staring.  Literally.  Neither of us had any words for that moment.  It was a moment to be felt, not discussed.  It was awesome.

You did such a great job.  His eyes are just spot on and the hole in his sock is really special.  That whole foot almost looks 3D, like it's just popping right out at you.  And you took out just enough gray.  He looks so perfect!

Thanks so much.  Kathleen"

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

My goodness, the greatest dog that ever lived is now immortalized and famous! I still just cannot believe that he is mine. Everytime I see the painting the joy is just overwhelming. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible gift with me.

artpaw said...

Kathleen, it was my pleasure .... I really do adore Corgis. They are so much like our own Scotts. I am always reminded of how lucky I am to do this work when I get to celebrate the pups that have gone on ahead of us.