Monday, September 10, 2012

Mosaic Monday/ Skull Art

"Write This Upon a Page"
© rebecca collins
Last Friday I started a Day of the Dead project using appropriated text from my Grandfather's poetry. I never knew my biological Grand Father because he died when my Mom was just a kid. I think he must have been a bit of a character. The little I do know of him is this:
He had the only auto in town when he met my Grandmother.
He was 60 years old when he married my Grandmother and she was only 20.
He had 6 wives total in his life and I am not sure how many kids.
When he was just a boy he fought in the Spanish American war.
He was a printer by trade and a poet.

The last factoid was interesting to me since my husband is a poet and a printer as well.

The entire skull will be covered in glass and then grouted. The text will show through the glass.
I have about 6 more hours to go on this one ... I think.

"Write This Upon a Page"
© rebecca collins

"Write This Upon a Page"
© rebecca collins

"Write This Upon a Page"
© rebecca collins

"Write This Upon a Page"
© rebecca collins

No comments: