Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Showing at Exhibit3 / Day Of The Dead Scottie Mosaic

"Atticus"
© rebecca collins
12 x 12 Mixed Media Mosaic

Hey guys, I am showing at a new gallery in Oak Cliff this weekend. Come out and see me Sunday at Exhibit3. I was invited to show by the gallery owner Adam Spigel. He will be showing his lovely panoramic landscapes and artist Cap Pannell will have some Day of the Dead works on view as well. I will be at the gallery around 7:00 and will hang out in the evening.  Drop by anytime on Sunday, the entire Bishop Arts area is having a Day of the Dead celebration. It should be a fun day to be in Oak Cliff.

About the Mosaic Above:
This is a project I did a few years back in honor of my sweet boy Atticus.  He was my very first Scottie dog and the muse and inspiration behind Art Paw. I think it is one of my most successful earlier mosaics. There is text below the glass about the breed and additional handwritten text about our sweet boy, including favorite nicknames and personality quirks.

2014 EXHIBIT3 Grand Opening - New Bishop Arts Gallery
Sunday, November 2, 2014 12:00p to 10:00p
EXHIBIT3 - 1221 W. Davis Street, Dallas, TX 75208

No comments: