Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Creepy Crawlers


I am starting a new series of digital bug paintings. This is a personal project and I am having fun playing with these colorful creepy crawlers. I hope to create a strong group of around 6 - 9 bug art images that I will be offering on-line in our Cafe Press gift shop. I have started today with a fellow I call Bernie the Beetle. You can buy a print of Bernie by clicking here. I'm not sure this will be everyone's cup of tea, but that's ok. I find that the work I do to please myself always helps me grow in my commercial work. I have always loved insects and I especially love dusty old books with hand tinted engravings of insects and flowers. I will be using both old engravings and photographs in these new pieces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love engravings too!!! I also think Bernie is cute. He reminds me of a 50's sci fi / horror flick creature - you know, kinda scary (if your a kid), but kinda cute too. :) His little claws look like he is celebrating, or just proud to be a bug!