Monday, November 18, 2013

An Artist Lives Here / Lovely Fall Morning

 "Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that life is more interesting than it really is. "  - Charles M. Schulz


My front Door
Actually an older shot of my door, the mosaic framing was not done when this shot
was taken, and we have added 2 new knockers since then.


Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is. Charles M. Schulz
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_home.html#FazImhUiADqKMKy1.99
A few weeks ago one of my out of state Photoshop students dropped by before she had to get on a plane.  Her first words as she walked through my door is "Yes this is an Artist's home".   I have been thinking about home a lot lately and place. Dan and I shopped for a new home for about one year solid and with each wonderful larger house we saw we would come home to our tiny place and as we drove down our tree lined street we would shake our heads and say no, that street can not compare to our street.
A couple of weeks ago one of my out of state Photoshop students dropped by for a visit before she had to get on a plane. The first words out of her mouth as she entered my door were "yes, this is an artist's home".  I have been thinking a lot about home and place recently. For one year solid Dan and I shopped for a new home that would be large enough for all of our creative pursuits. Each time we would go see a larger lovely home we would return to our neighborhood and drive down our tree lined street shaking our heads saying no, that street can not compare to our street.

 Our tiny cottage was built in 1941 and almost all 1,204 square feet of it is covered in art and books.  We have decided to stay where we are and renovate. We have plans to double the size, adding a master suite for comfort and a huge fine art studio for pleasure, work and life.  I am starting a series on this blog called "An Artist Lives Here". I think it will eventually be a weekly Friday post. I want to share not only a glimpse into my world and home but also share with you a peek inside the homes and studios of other artists I know and possibly even a few stunning artist studios that I might stumble across on-line as I study artist homes and really start to think about creative space in 2014.

3 terriers cuddle for warmth

Very Short Video I shot early this morning outside my front door.

1 comment:

Sheila Finkelstein said...

I loved my visit with you and Dan in your wonderful home. Memorable hospitality too. Maybe I'll get an invite back when the space is doubled :)

Happy planning and executing. Have a great Thanksgiving and beaucoup success to you and your clients who will be reaping the benefits of the multi-talented you!!