Friday, November 29, 2013

An Artist Lives Here / A place to create

Dreaming today about my perfect studio space.
A perfect artist studio:

•  has tons of natural lighting
• has a sink
• climate controlled and yet it can open up during the 2 nice bug-free months in Texas
• large open space
• it opens to a balcony
• room for a pull out sofa in case other artists or family wants to crash

Browsing Houzz today for ideas, and I will post a few amazing finds below.

Eclectic Home Office by Winters Photographers Dave Adams Photography

Above: I love the skylights and the large open doors leading to an outdoor balcony
The wooden ceiling is also not too shabby.

Contemporary Exterior by San Francisco Architects & Designers TRG Architects

Above: With an outdoor balcony not only do you have a place to sit and relax, you also have the perfect spot to take something outside to dry, thinking wet clay, thinking recently painted surfaces, thinking anything that needs a little air to cure.

Contemporary Home Office by Westport Architects & Designers Sellars Lathrop Architects, llc

Above: Another lovely skylight. I also like the white walls, I seldom can tolerate a white wall in my home, but I am going to try it in my studio once we build it.  


Modern Home Office by Essex Architects & Designers Joseph Bergin Architect PC

Above: Love the clearstory windows,  the track lighting is not particularly attractive, but it looks very functional.  I like how the room has a huge open feeling and yet there is a little nook on that far wall. Lovely space. I am sure that the white wooden flooring makes it all seem even bigger, and yet I can not imagine a white floor in a studio space.


Industrial Home Office by Everett Windows Quantum Windows & Doors, Inc.

Above: Love the dark blue metal and light maple doors here. Of course the upper windows are just perfect.

No comments: