Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Boston Terrier Pet Portrait




This is cutie-pie is called Butter. I thought this pup was a Frenchie however Butter is a fawn Boston Terrier. I had no idea they came in fawn.
About The Artwork: You can see from the original photo above that I added in some texture and enhanced the color quite a bit. I love this pup's ears! I actually enlarged them, just maybe 3% or so. I sometimes do that with big eared dogs like Frenchies, Boston Terriers and Chihuahuas. I never want to exaggerate ears to a point that the owner will really notice on a conscious level. I also widened or opened up that left brown eye just a tiny bit. I feel like it is these sort of little details that help to set my work apart from the gazillion "photo-to-canvas" services" out there. Here at Art Paw we try to be all about the "Art" and all about the "Pet".

1 comment:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Rebecca!
You are amazing! I love seeing what you are doing everyday! No one out there is creating what you are. So inspiring!