Saturday, April 19, 2008

Working on those writing skills?

I wish I was a better writer. Or maybe I "long to be a better writer", or maybe as I recline here on my comfy sofa "my mind turns to the timeless art of writing". Yea whatever, it is something I should work on.

A few years ago I read a great book by Anne Lamott called Bird by Bird. She states that "The very first thing I tell my new students on the first day of a workshop is that good writing is about telling the truth". The book contains great lessons in life as well as writing. I admit that I picked it up because the cover art is way too cool. You can check it out below at Amazon.



My other resource to share today is more commercial in nature and that is Copyblogger.com.
If your writing aspirations are more about punchy headlines and killer sales copy then this is the blog for you. The blog offers "copy writing tips for online marketing success". It is much more than a top 5 list format ... this blog is meaty and rich. Check it out and add it to your google reader.

No comments: