Thursday, August 19, 2010

Busy with Pet Portraits

Baba in Progress
© rebecca collins
Well it is starting to feel like fall around here by the number of pet portrait orders that are starting to come in. I think people are back from their summer travels and starting to focus on the home a bit ready to decorate, nest and settle in.  The work above is an in progress working sketch of Baba. It is a detail crop of a full body portrait. Looking forward to playing more with this cute little Maltese this afternoon and several others that are waiting in line.

Side note on biz stuff: I finally figured out how to create a custom url for our facebook fan page. We are officially at facebook  here: http://www.facebook.com/artpaw.fans. Please join us over their and hit the like our page button. Trying to gain 1000 fans total by the end of the year. I have no idea why ... it just seemed like a rather fun goal. This blog feeds into it and Lola also updates it twice a week with content that we do not post anywhere else.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love these close up prints too, Rebecca. They are just so fun and reminds me of noses on the camera lens, which happens alot around here! I went to 'like' your page, and apparently I'd already done it! My only option was to 'unlike', which of course, I didn't want to do!

Linda O'Neill said...

Baba is a cutie and coming along beautifully. What a sweet dog Bo is too...sounds like he probably likes your house better!

artpaw said...

Hi Sherry, thanks for being a fan over at facebook.

Thanks Linda. We are so glad Bo is back home even though he was cool.