Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Roxy Cat Art

"Roxy" ( see all proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com
"Roxy" ( see all proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

Today I proofed little Roxy. This adorable kitten was a challenge due to a 53 KB web quality image. I think I did a pretty good job of smoothing out the pixelation and painting in a bit of extra fluffy texture and detail. The 2nd proof above has a new background pattern that I created yesterday. I  am happy with all of the proofs I provided.

I always prefer a minimum of 500 KB on photo images however many people are just not able to supply images at the right file size and so I always do my very best to work with any image provided.  The best images to work from are a whopping 1MB in size, however very few clients are able to send images that large. I could do like many digital artists and send clients back to the drawing board to shoot more photos however my experience has been that this only slows down the ordering process and too often the pets are no longer around or the pets belong to friends and so re-shooting is just often not practical.

No comments: