Tuesday, January 07, 2014

New Dog Art Bean

"Bean"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com
"Bean"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com
This original photo of Bean was really lovely and such a joy to play with. Black pups are hard to shoot and yet here is a terrific photograph with nice lighting. The coat texture shows well. My only fixes were cloning out the electronic collar and one little eye booger.

The 2 samples above are just 2 options out of 14 that I showed my client. This year I am starting to think about all the many ways that Art Paw differs from the typical photo to canvas service providers out there and I would have to say that the sheer quantity of proofing options really does set us apart. I also have a transparency with my business that I do not see on other sites. On my proofing site you can dig around and see all of my proofing projects, not just the ones that start from lovely photographs like Bean. I am proud of all of my work even projects that may have started from a less than perfect snapshot.  The better the photo the better the final portrait and yet often I can turn low quality images into real works of art, and I am usually willing to try.

No comments: