Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tutorial Thursday/ Clone Stamp tool

Going to try and get back to posting tips and tutorials for other artists on Thursdays. Today I am sharing my trick for dealing with over exposed areas on your client photographs. I am using the clone stamp tool in Photoshop to fill in blown out areas.

The clone stamp tool, (sometimes called the rubber stamp tool) is a terrific and often over used tool in the Photoshop arsenal. When you are new to PS you can find yourself reaching for it to fix every problem that comes your way. Much of my painterly style work involves the smudge tool and so often a simple swipe of the smudge tool will obliterate small hickies. When you have a large overexposed area however, nothing beats the clone stamp tool for adding in some texture and color.

If you enjoy the video please post a comment and let me know. Thanks for watching!

No comments: