Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Photoshop as a design tool


Some days I just adore Photoshop and the flexibility it gives me as a design tool. As an example we have Finley's composition. I started out with a vertical 36 x 24 painterly portrait of this cute pup & ball. I decided I wanted to see what a horizontal close crop would look like and I am very pleased with the result. If I had been painting this work with traditional oils there is no way I could just on a "whim" at the very end of the project decide I want to switch my layout and format in this way.

5 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Becca...I love the cropped version. I like to do that with scanned paintings I've done. Sometimes they turn out so much more interesting that way.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and background. I could not decide between the two. I would have to have both!!!

Jill Beninato said...

I really like your background in this image..the colors are amazing and the new horizontal crop is perfect.

Jannie Funster said...

I would never have guessed there was any Photoshopping in this.

Quite wonderful artwork!

I suppose at some point in my life I should add learning Photoshop to my list of things I want to do.

web design manila said...

This design was really great! I love it. Wish I can also make something like this. Thanks for sharing.

-urie-