Monday, May 04, 2009

Mosaic Monday


Life Size Scottie from Raquel Stanek at Etsy

Public art found in Mondoagogo Flickr Stream

Dog's portrait, by Takako Hirai
from kokomosaico/ Flickr

A few doggy mosaics to start the week. I love that top Scottie mosaic. I have some wire form Scotties that I have been wanting to mosaic for months now ...maybe I will tackle them this summer. Raquel's 3-d work is certainly inspiring.

If you are in Dallas please try to come by a show I will be in at the Dallas Bath House Cultural Center. The show is Exquisite Creatures, The Mermaid and Octopus Show, curated by Katrina Doran. It opens on May 9th and will have many terrific works by local artists. There will be mosaics, paintings and even a quilt. I can't wait to see all of the different Octopus & Mermaids! I will post a reminder on Friday about this along with one of the pieces I am showing.

1 comment:

Manon said...

The Scottie is absolutely adorable! It's very striking!