Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Jack Russell and French Bulldog

On my digital easel:
Today I am working on Chevy the Jack Russell and Buddy the Frenchie. Both projects need more color and more work. Check out the before and after details on each pup and you will see how important the eyes are.

"Chevy"
Above you will see that I slightly tilted Chevy's head and also opened up his eyes a bit, adding some sparkle.

"Buddy"

Check out the amount of white showing on the eyeball to our left above. I rounded out the eye's iris on our left so that the white portion was not quite so large and that eye seems to wander just a bit less. I also made the whites brighter to reduce the bloodshot appearance.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You are SUCH an eyeball expert.

Manon said...

The eyes look so much better when you've put your magic touch on them! Both dogs are so sweet. I love those Frenchies!

Parisbreakfasts said...

This reminds me of the current cover of New York Magazine I was reading the supermarket...ahem
Which features how Madonna got her cheeks (facial) plumped, brow smoothed etc...
http://nymag.com/nymag/toc/20080811/
Funny!