Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sadie The Cocker Spaniel

This pretty Cocker Spaniel is shipping out today. The client asked for conservative or tame coloring on the coat and I proofed her with a variety of traditional looks.

About This Painterly Style Pet Portrait:
The original photograph was well focused and of a decent resolution. Challenges included glow eye and a rather serious facial expression. The bedding was also a bit busy. I fixed the eyes and rotated Sadie's head just a tad to make her expression and overall attitude just a wee bit more playful. By making the bedding a solid color I was able to calm down the pattern and keep it in the composition. The tennis ball was a fun element and I just bumped up the color there and added some brush strokes. I was pleased with how well the project printed as the various shades of blacks all seemed to show on the final print.

1 comment:

Manon said...

Sadie is so sweet! I love what you did with the bedding!