Friday, September 04, 2009

Sunday Surfing

"What do I do when my love is away. (Does it worry you to be alone) How do I feel by the end of the day (Are you sad because you're on your own) No, I get by with a little help from my friends" The Beatles
.................................................................

A lot of people can not imagine what it is like working at home and creating alone much of the time. Most artists are alone in their studios and it can be hard when your studio is in your house. It is easy to go a bit stir crazy. Yes, the walls do close in on you at times. I am fortunate to feel somewhat connected to both an off-line community of artists and a web community. My on-line artist buddies and their blogs keep me company when things are quite around here. For my Sunday Surf post I invite you to check out what a few of my friends have been up to lately.

..................................................................

Mosaic artist Christine Braillier just finished a new piece that you can see on her blog. I think this one is going in a book she is working on.

Katrina Doran recently had a great blog write up over at Stacy Alexander's blog.

Dog artist Kathy Weller recently posted a couple of great articles on her blog about why she decided to be a pet portrait artist.

Manon Doyle had a great video last month on her blog about how to do an image transfer. Check it out, she is just really getting good at the video stuff.

Moira McLaughlin has a lot of good posts lately over at Dog art Today. Check this post on Japanese paper dogs.

Melissa Langer did a Pug Rescue Event late last month and you can see pics from that at her blog.

Artist Linda O'Neill often posts her abstract paintings & collages on Fridays. Her blog is a great one to bookmark.

My best friend and husband, Dan Collins recently won an "Iron Poet" contest over at the Gather writing community. Oh, and he goes by "Atticus" over there.

Our Sunday Surf Dogs were found using Flickr's advanced search feature. That is a very cool tool to find creative commons images. Users are allowed to set their preferences to allow their photos to be reused under what is called a creative commons license. You can click through the images to visit the flickr member that posted the original photos.

1 comment:

Christine Brallier said...

Thanks for including me :-)
Loooove the corgi!!