Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 New Pet Portraits



Today I am posting Bandit & Kam to the blog. These two pets had great photos to work with and I really enjoyed playing around with their art. I think I am actually caught up on orders as of today ... yay... happy dance! I have around 10 pending approvals and only 3 pet portraits to work on next week. I do have plenty on my plate however I do not feel at all overwhelmed or behind on anything. That is such a rare feeling ... to actually be 100% in control of the work flow.

If the sunshine continues I hope to send Lola to the dog park today to shoot for a blog we have started updating again. Check out our Dallas Dog Park Blog. It is just a fun photography blog of random pups we meet at the park.

7 comments:

Manon said...

Lovely portraits Rebecca! Must feel real good to be 100% in control! I want some of that!

artpaw said...

OMG it feels so good and I know it won't last. I have given up on ever being totally ahead of my work and now I can enjoy the moments when I can say I have it all under control.

If you think about it finishing all projects and having nothing to do should not be a goal at all ... "being caught up" ... now that is something you can do occasionally.

Unknown said...

100% control comes with success I assume! The more in demand you are, the less people want to push your buttons I bet.

Awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh, one more thing. Thank you Rebecca for your advice on my dilemma in dealing with demanding clients. That is why you're such a success and sane!
hugs!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Beautiful portraits.

Have a Fabulous Friday.

Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

artpaw said...

Hey there Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java...thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for the praise.

Sheila ... I dunno about people not wanting to push my buttons, but after 11 years I think I am getting better at both listening to my clients and also setting boundaries. You have to know when to be flexible and when to protect your time and yea your sanity.

Archie and Melissa said...

oh what a great feeling, especially starting the weekend!

your new portraits are wonderful!

xoxox
melissa