Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dog Mosaics

I have mosaics on the brain right now. I just completed a tempered glass workshop this weekend and I have the mosaic fever again. I will post my new piece later this week. I did a fun space themed piece. I know you guys would rather hear about doggy mosaics though so I will post some links to other people's work today. I guess I should start with someone I know so check out Jill's new Party Animal Piece below.

From Jill Beninato over at Flickr


"Blue Dog"By Artsyphartsy over at Flickr
( I just bought this Blue Dog)

From Stain glass garden over at flicker

"Chipper" from animal.artist over at flickr

From Ugly Boy Flutes at Etsy

From Rock Candy Mountain at Etsy
someone really needs to buy this leash rack so I will not be tempted!

9 comments:

Manon said...

Great pieces!! Chipper is adorable! Love him! Boy.... I wish you lived near me! I would drop off some glass for you!!
BTW...... I laughed hard at the white glove comment on my blog!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh these are all fabulous!

what a great way to inspire me during my day!

xoxo
melissa

Unknown said...

Wow!! Amazing! Thanks for taking the time and sharing these with us!

Anonymous said...

Great pup mosaics...honestly I'm more interested in hearing about the tempered glass class and this space themed mosaic you did. You know how much I love that stuff! :)

Christine Throckmorton said...

Awesome! I've done three dog mosaics and I'm itching to do another one. Thanks for the inspiration!

artpaw said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone. Hey Christine ... I had to go check out your doggy mosaics on your blog! Later this week I will try to post to some .... I really enjoyed your Boston ... reminds me a little of Jill's: http://dogpainter.blogspot.com/2007/04/weekend-at-boscos.html. Great work!

Manon you are way too funny. Man that Brutus must have been a wicked lover to turn you off of glass.

Eve ... yea I knew you would like the space stuff ...don't get too excited ... not my best work, but I am eager to post it anyway.

Edward Burton said...

Hi Rebecca, I have something on my blog for you.

La Motte Valois said...

the Chipper is so great! im still impressed with these works. Great blog, by the way!

Jill Beninato said...

Thanks for the shout out Rebecca!