Friday, October 03, 2008

Dog Artist Interview / Kathy Weller



Check out today's Dog Artist Interview with Kathy Weller. This ran longer than most of my videos and I still had to cut so much great audio out to make a quick video movie. I think I may start doing audio podcasts because the challenge to get enough image stills to match a long interview is tough.

Thanks to Kathy for taking the time to speak with me. I have always admired Kathy's work and even have a Weller original of my girl Pixel, yes she is on the video. Unfortunately part of the stuff I had to cut talks about Kathy's ability to juggle a million balls at once. She is a talented graphic designer by day and in her spare time she creates pet portraits, illustrates books, and even paints experimental stuff to sell in her Etsy shop. She is truly an inspiration to every artist out there that tries to balance work, family and art. She is making it happen!

7 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Rebecca!
What a wonderful interview with Kathy!
It was so fun to hear her talk about her work and see her images. I can tell you really enjoy doing these interviews. You are very good at it!
xo
Melissa

artpaw said...

Thanks Melissa! I am having so much fun talking with other artists about their work. I have to figure out how to make the editing go faster though.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!!

artpaw said...

Thanks Anna!

Manon said...

Another great interview! I'm enjoying your vlog so much Rebecca!

Unknown said...

Rebecca, thanks so much. YOU are a great inspiration to me! You are a shining example of someone else who 'won't take no for an answer' -- you are living the artists' life through all of the triumphs and challenges and all the while being true to your own creative soul. Thanks so much for the interview!! :) (I really hope we can meet in person one day!)
XXOO Kathy

artpaw said...

Thanks so much Manon. I hope you will allow me to put you on the hot-seat soon. My goal is to interview all 13 of the artists from the Dogs Rule Fat Book project before the auction. I may have to start doing 2 a week to meet that deadline.

Kathy- I think we will meet some day in person. You never know.