Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Painting Eyes For Hank

Today I worked on enhancing and painting in some sparkle on Hank's eyes. This adorable pup is no longer with his humans and so I am working with grainy cell phone images that we have access to. I always crab when I have to work with lower quality images, but the reality is that I sort of like the challenge and especially when it is an important memorial project. Over the years I have gotten pretty good at working with what I have and painting in missing detail when needed.   Below is a sneak peek of Hank in progress, I have lots more work to do before I will be able to proof my client. Hank reminds me so much of my best friend's pup Bella. She lost her Bella last year.

( above) Hank's eyes after some work on the wacom tablet
( above) Hank's original eye detail
(above) Original photo
"Hank" In progress Sketch
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

No comments: