Friday, November 11, 2011

New Background Patterns/ Photoshop

When I travel I take pictures of textures and patterns because I know I may have the chance later to incorporate them into a piece of digital art. I created a few new Background patterns this week with some pics I took in Italy. Check out Fluffy's artwork below and then check out my photographs that I used for the background design.


"Fluffy" ( see all proofs)
© rebecca collins /artpaw.com
The wooden texture above was taken from the door image below

Italy Door
© rebecca collins 
"Fluffy" ( see all proofs)
© rebecca collins /artpaw.com
I knew when I saw this iron work in Italy that it had to be used in an Art Paw background pattern. When you shoot photographs to use as texture and pattern in your artwork you do not always need to use the entire photo, you never know what tiny bit of texture is going to be just what you need to give your digital art a real world patina. Digital art can often tend to have a plastic or overly smooth texture, by using real world images in my art I feel like I am giving my work a gritty realness.

No comments: