Monday, November 10, 2008

Screech Owl Update

The update on this little boy owl is that he probably got into some poison by eating a poisoned mouse. I took him to the Rogers Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
He had a little blood in his eye as well so he probably became disoriented and flew into something as a result of the poisoning. Check out this link for tips on what to do if you find an injured or sick bird:
http://www.rogerswildlife.org/rescue.html

By the way, it is not only wildlife that can suffer from eating a poisoned mouse. Pet owners should always avoid using any kind of harmful poisons or garden chemicals.

3 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh rebecca!

he is so lucky you found him! poor little guy!
thank you for the information!

xo
melissa

Manon Doyle said...

Poor boy! I hope he will recover! I'm so glad that you found him!

Kris Hundt said...

Thanks Rebecca. That is great information.