Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Eyes For Gerdie The Schnauzer

"Gerdie" ( see proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com



So what do you do when none of the images your client sends you has eyeballs showing on their pup? Well, I ask if they want to see a hint of an eye. Some breeds like Old English Sheep Dogs just never have their eyes showing and so there is no point in faking it. Eyes are very important and yet so is capturing the normal look of the pet. In this case the client said a little eyeball might be great if I could make it work. Sadly there is no "eyeball button" on my magic keyboard and so I had to just paint one in using the Wacom tablet. With a breed with long brows the important thing is to keep some of that original "hair-in-the-eye look",  it gives it an authenticity. See close up below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Rebecca...Gerdie looks great and I can't wait for my nephew to receive the art. Rhonda