Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Craving The Color Green

"Carlos"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com
 I am hungry for the color Green ... it must be spring.
The color of the month for March is going to be green!
Last year I spent the entire year thinking about the color pink and worked with it a lot when creating my fine art mosaics. I chose pink because I was not a huge fan of it and wanted to learn to love it ... and it worked, I do love pink now.  This year I decided I wanted to focus on one color per month here at Art Paw and I am going to run portrait specials around a different color each month. I will have timed one day sales each week on the color of the month so if you are a fan of green be sure and follow me on Facebook so you can get in on the portrait promos this month.  I will post a sale link towards the end of each week over at Facebook. I will also be blogging on the color of the month each week, with bits of color trivia and other facts.


I am excited bout this color promotion as I plan to create many brand new color grounds each month to offer to folks that want to play along and order a portrait within the color theme.  Don't worry, I will still be working with all of the other crayons in the box so to speak, and you can order a non sale portrait in any hue you desire. The promotion is just a fun way for me to celebrate color and to really explore a different color in depth each month. It also allows me a little more color control in the design process, and I feel I will be able to push  myself creatively this way.  I do not mind taking very specific color directions from my clients however I have found that when I have run what I call " Artist Choice" promotions I really am able to play and experiment with my work and I always grow from those projects. 


About These Pet Portraits:
All of the projects in this post have some green in the background. Two of the grounds are old and two have been created in the last 6 months. I really love warm greens and even lime green can be fun when combined with other colors.



"Paisley"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com
"Valentino"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com
"Prada"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

No comments: