Monday, May 28, 2012

Mosaic Monday: Beach Treasures

We went to Galveston beach last week and I brought home many treasures.
Some treasures were from land and some from sea....
From the beach I found: pods, shells and bird feathers ( to the left).

One day we went into the downtown area and took our cameras for some photo exploring. I like to walk down allies in Galveston because you can find wonderful surprises. Above: Mardi Gras beads, fiesta plate shards, rusted metal, clear glass warped marble, textured glass and a tiny ceramic angel. I have lots of great stuff to put into a mosaic.
Below are some of the great photo captures from that day:




Below is a lovely modern mosaic spotted at a local restaurant ... looks like seaweed.
And one last surprise treasure that we hope to return to the sea when we go back next year ....
I accidentally stole a crab from the beach. I have created a small habitat for him and if he survives a week with the food and care we are giving then I will go ahead and get him a larger box and do my very best to keep him alive until we can return him. He is a lot of fun to watch. The pic below is not so good, he is hiding in his shell right now. I will try to get a better picture next week after he has times to settle in and mellow out a bit. His name is Hermes.
Tomorrow I will post pics of the dogs in Galveston and give my travel tips for taking your pups to the beach. We learned a lot ... it was a bit of work to have the dogs there, but so much fun.

No comments: