Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Digital Dog Art

"Sampson" ( see all 13 proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

"Sampson" ( see all 13 proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

"Sampson" ( see all 13 proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com
Last week I created over a dozen new background patterns. The ones shown here are a few of the more mod offerings. My backgrounds are created from a wide range of resources that include altered clip images, and patterns and textures that I shoot with my camera. When I use clip art patterns I always throw them through dozens of filters in Photoshop and I combine and overlay them on to my existing color grounds. Clip art is typically vector based and flat, so in order to get a painted texture from it I have to layer things up and get creative in order to make it my own. Below is a sample that shows the original black and white pattern that I used to get the pattern in one of Sampson's proof offerings.
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

No comments: