Thursday, August 22, 2013

Art Paw Studio News

Lola & Ajax
Well it is with a heavy heart that I have to announce we will be losing Lola this next month. She is leaving Texas to go back to Kansas City where she got her degree. She will be doing some work on a film and after that I don't think she knows what will come next, but she is young and I know she will figure it out. We will all miss her so much. Our terriers adore her and of course I depend on her a lot for her terrific skills and attention to detail. I am sure she has great things ahead of her and I only want the best for her.  We just all really love her around here.

And so now ... Getting a Jump on the Holidays!
Well I counted this morning and I have 50 working days until November. That means 50 days to get organized and do everything I can to make sure the holidays go smoothly here at Art Paw.

So what do I need to work on ... I have broken it down into 4 categories and I am making a long to-do-list and placing an initial next to each item to indicate which category it falls into.  The things that need my attention are: Technology issues, Web site updates, Organization, and Marketing.

Every morning I will wake up and ask myself what can I do today to help get ready for the holiday rush? If nothing comes to mind quickly then I will grab the list and see what needs to be worked on. I love making physical handwritten lists, something about pen to paper makes it a commitment for me. I also enjoy finding those lists and notebook years from now, and going oh, yes I did that and that and that ... hmmmm still need to do X Y and Z.

Making my list and checking it twice
Yes the Diet Coke helps me think

No comments: