Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pixel Sweet Pixel

Ok so here is yet another work of art featuring my very own Pixel. I am also working on custom portraits this week. I have around 6 painterly style projects in-house at the moment, and I'm trying hard to finalize those this week. This quick sketch of Pixel was created this morning in an effort to loosen up a bit.


I find the work I do for myself is pretty fast and easy. I tend to work hours upon hours, on client projects. This is sometimes due to low resolution digital files they send me and in these cases I spend several hours just optimizing the photo before I can even start to play with color. The main thing that takes time is just trying a variety of different layouts until I get things just right. I am reminded of a great quote by Michelangelo : "If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." - Michelangelo
I'm no Michelangelo, but when we think of digital art, I think his quote is a very good one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you on the Michelangelo quote, ha ha !!! ;) I mean, it is a LOT of work. I hear you I hear you I hear you.