Friday, November 10, 2006

Patron's Choice Award


YAY, I won an award at EBSQ for my digital collage called " The Robot TV Ate Lassie". Ok, I will have to admit there were not a gazillion submissions on this show ( almost as many awards as entries) , but hey ... they liked my entry. I also received a couple of awards this year for their pet portrait swap show. At the time I did not post about that since I felt like I was receiving an award for the kind of artwork that I do all the time. In other words it was not something new or risky for me. This entry was different as it had a 1950's theme, and it was more of digital collage just for fun, so yea I feel like tooting my horn a little. Of course this is a great reminder that I need to do more artwork for myself. I find that my non commercial artwork always fuels new ideas and keeps me fresh at my job. EBSQ is a great little community with monthly art shows and a wide range of artists working in all mediums. This is the first year that I have participated in any shows at ebsq.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cool - congrstd Rebecca!! I love the collage!! Lassie!

Sheila Finkelstein said...

Great, Becca! You're always out there ahead of the crowd. Congratulations!!!!!

artpaw said...

Thanks ladies! You guys are always both so supportive. Having internet artist pals reminds me of my twenties when you never had to look very far for an artist friend to talk to.