Monday, August 23, 2010

Mosaic Monday/ The Magic Gardens in Philadelphia

20100818_19_0132

Looking around for doggy mosaics to share this morning over at flickr and I found this fun travel photo in one member's stream. This is a back wall at the Magic Gardens in Philadelphia. I am starting to get excited because later this fall Dan and I are going to go visit Philadelphia and check out the work of Isaiah Zagar. We have not been anywhere in ages and we really need a break.  Zagar is an award-winning mosaic mural artist whose work can be found on over 100 public walls throughout the city of Philadelphia and around the world.  I really became fascinated by both the art and the artist after watching The video In a Dream. You can learn more about Zagar's work at http://www.phillymagicgardens.org and they have an on-line shop where you can order a book on his methods of tiling and grouting.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

One of my fondest memories of art in school was making a mosaic painting using bits of colored construction paper. I keep saying I'm going to try real mosaics one day and yet I still haven't managed it. I always enjoy your blog, Rebecca, and seeing what new pieces and projects you are working on yourself.

artpaw said...

Thanks Sherry! If you do try mosaics you will probably get hooked... very addictive.