Monday, July 25, 2011

Mosaic Monday/ Arm Milagro

"Untitled"
© rebecca collins

This is a 5x7x2 Mosaic I finished recently for my upcoming show in September. The artwork underneath the glass is a drawing of the doll arm that is on top and also an x-ray of a broken arm supplied by my assistant's Lola's Mom. I am not sure yet what I will title the piece.

There is a lot of stuff happening early this fall for me in my Mosaic world. In early September I have an article coming out about my mixed media mosaic technique in Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine. You can subscribe to this cool magazine on-line or order back issues. http://www.clothpaperscissors.com/content/Subscriptions.aspx.  After my gallery show at the end of the month I will be heading to Italy to study mosaics in Venice at Orsoni.  Dan and Lola will be holding down the fort for me here at Art Paw while I study mosaics in a foreign country, sometimes I just can not believe I have such an amazing life. I am very lucky to be able to pursue what I love and create art every single day.  If you had told me in college that I would end up marrying that shy boy with the long hair and we would create a life that is full of art and animals I could never have imagined what that might look like.

2 comments:

krakenmosaics.com said...

Congrats on the mag and the studying at Orsoni thing (!). Things are looking pretty amazing for you!!

artpaw said...

Thanks Eve. Things are going great. I just wish I had more time to do more things.