Thursday, August 27, 2009

It Is Raining Chihuahuas!

"Isabella" (See all Proofs)
These fun little Chihuahuas are an excellent example of the quality of artwork I am able to create when I have a really good photograph to start with. Isabella's photo was a tad challenging because it was all black and white. Since she is a black pup it worked out pretty well I think. I played around with backgrounds a bit this time. In addition to creating a couple of new background options I also dusted off some old grounds and played around with color, giving them new life. My last pup at the bottom, was influenced by Jeff Soto's color palette and his amazing ability to use "pink" in a non-passive unromantic way. Pink is a versatile hue and it does not have to be used in an overly girlie fashion unless of course that is what you are shooting for.

8 comments:

Little Black Dog said...

Amazing art!! Great work!!

Christine Brallier said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I LOVE these!! The pose of the one on top is priceless. I love how you transform a pet portrait :-)

Manon said...

These babies are so sweet!! I'll have to show my daughter. She worked at a pet store this summer and there were a ton of Chihuahua's!!
Lovely backgrounds!

Jill Beninato said...

Every single one of these is amazing...your color palette is so cool in the last one. Great work as usual!

Linda O'Neill said...

All of them are fantastic, Rebecca...and I LOVE Diego and Skylar. Those two will look awesome hanging together!

Life With Dogs said...

These are just brilliant. I can't even begin to grasp how much time these take...

artpaw said...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Today has been a tough one and reading your comments is a real lift to my spirits.

Unknown said...

These are really beautiful. I can't pick a favorite.