Monday, October 12, 2009

Mosaic Monday / In A Dream

I just placed the documentary about artist Isaiah Zagar in my shopping cart at Amazon.
Check out the video clip below and then order your DVD over at Amazon. Over the past four decades, artist Isaiah Zagar has covered more than 50,000 square feet of Philadelphia with stunning mosaic murals. The murals chronicle his love for his wife, Julia, and subtly hint at the darker corners of his extraordinary imagination. IN A DREAM follows the Zagars as their marriage implodes and a harrowing new chapter in their life unfolds. Filmed in stunning high-definition and directed by their son, Jeremiah, IN A DREAM combines beautiful imagery with a fearlessly intimate, utterly captivating portrait of this unique family. Eight years in the making, this documentary has won numerous awards at festivals, including SWSX and Full Frame, and was short-listed for the Academy Awards.




3 comments:

Christine Throckmorton said...

I love this documentary. I've visited his mosaic wonderland in Philly numerous times, as it is my hometown. Had my engagement pictures shot amongst his mosaics. So fun.

Unknown said...

wow.. I teared up just looking at this preview. I need to see this. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! *hugs*

artpaw said...

Christine....wow, how cool, would love to see those pics. Thanks for stopping by.

Sheila- I know, it looks pretty intense, and to think that his son is the one that made the movie. A must see!