Monday, April 18, 2011

I see dogs ....

Ok I do not know that this photograph of my bath towel is particularly blog worthy, but I had to laugh this morning as I was staring at this door thinking about my day ahead and a wrinkled beige hound popped up in front of me. I guess I see dogs everywhere, or maybe I just need a break.

So this post is for my photographer pal Sheila who sees faces in everything she shoots in nature. She enjoys finding all types of faces in wood grain and various textures in her photos. I sort of hope this is just an isolated event and I do not start seeing floppy eared canines in inanimate objects around me.

I know it is Monday and I will get a Mosaic Monday post up before the end of the day. I think the hounds are calling to me first.

5 comments:

Christine Brallier said...

Hilarious, Rebecca! Nice to know I'm not the only one! I often see faces of some kind in fabrics.

artpaw said...

Thanks for commenting Christine! I felt really silly posting this .... glad someone enjoyed it.

Sweet Lily said...

hahaha... that's cool! ;)

Sheila Finkelstein said...

Thanks for the smile, Becca, and the acknowledgment. Towels are amongst the things I've yet to pay attention to for images and shapes. You may have opened up, yet another whole new world for me :)

It's all in the being open to the noticing, as I study a lightweight jacket of mine hanging on the back of a chair next to me. This one is requiring some purposeful looking to find imagery. The most fun for me is when they just "pop out" of nowhere, as did your hound.

Thanks again, Smiling Sheila

Lindsay @ Tails to Tell said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sees faces/animals in EVERYTHING! I've done it all my life, and when I was little my parents always looked at me like I was nuts when I would try to show them, so I just started keeping to myself. Thank goodness I'm not alone! :) (I think it's just a sign of a creative mine... or at least that's what I tell myself!)