Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My First Puppy Was a Beagle



My first puppy was a Beagle we named Pokey after Pocahontas. She was a loyal and loving dog. I found these photos the other day and scanned them in. I often look back at what different lives my childhood pets had than my current spoiled pups that sleep beside me at night. Mom and Dad's house rules regarding pets were much different than mine are today. While it may be tempting to think they were doing it wrong by making the dogs live outside in dog houses, the reality is I am very fortunate to have had parents that understood the importance of allowing kids to have pets at all, and I am eternally grateful that they allowed us to have all of the assorted dogs and cats that we had.  Mom also allowed me to decorate my room myself and paint it any color I wanted, she really encouraged my creativity in many ways.

2 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi rebecca!
oh what a wonderful post!
i love these photos and memories!
happy earth day my friend!

xoxoxo
a & m

Lindsay @ Tails to Tell said...

I'm so excited to find your blog! I'm a fellow animal lover who is new to the blogging world and just now joining the Etsy community. It's been interesting trying to find people with similar interests in this giant blogiverse, so it made my day to run across this one! I can't wait to read more. :)

Lindsay from
TailsToTellStudio.blogspot.com