Monday, April 25, 2011

Mosaic Monday/ New Robot Art

This last month I finished #7 Robot Mosaic and I have been working on Chip the robot. 

#7 Robot ( detail)
© rebecca collins

#7 Robot
© rebecca collins

"Chip"
© rebecca collins
So here is the deal ... I am falling in love with Chip, my very first 3-d project. He seems so real to me. I really think when he is finished that he will come to life and start talking to me. He has a long way to go and will probably take a few months to complete. I have an elaborate base in mind and he will have a 3-d robot dog pal that he will be walking. I already have future large scale 3-d bots planned out in my head, but they will be on the back burner until 2012.  Mosaic work takes so much patience, because the ideas flow so much faster than the time it takes to create them.

1 comment:

Jill Beninato said...

Chip is so freakin cool! I love that he is 3D..it really makes him come to life...The colors are great and I love his expression!