Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Dog Art Tips in Photoshop


Today I am posting a video that shows you how to add a background shadow in Photoshop. This process video is of Taz the Boston Terrier. Throughout the first 2 quarters of the year I want to experiment with weekly process videos as I think it is a great way to share my techniques and better educate my clients and potential clients about digital art. Too often digital artists that come out of a fine art background feel like they have to be on the defensive about their tools. I feel the best way to avoid that silly trap is to share process with folks so they can come to realize that digital artists can achieve the same high or low levels as their more traditional peers. When you get right down to it we all have the same basic elements to play with; line, color, composition, balance, light, shape, mass and so on. It is what we do with it all that makes it art.
Thanks for watching guys and for your comments and support.

4 comments:

Jill Beninato said...

Very helpful Rebecca...thanks so much for sharing your talent all the time!

Unknown said...

You are so generous with your time, your knowledge and experience and your support. Thank you!

Manon said...

Definitely no need to defend digital art! It's hugely creative and very hard at that! Your work is truly amazing!
I've been enjoying these videos!!

artpaw said...

Thanks for the kind comments ladies. Sometimes I get really frustrated at the time involved with the videos so the comments really do keep me going.