Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cassius The Boxer



I do love working on Boxers. This project was a special treat for me because the original photograph was a high resolution well shot image. I am pretty pleased with the way this handsome pup turned out. I am still waiting to hear from the client with an approval. I am just hoping she does not approve late on Friday with a desire to have the print in hand on Saturday. I'll play some phone tag later today to try to avoid that possible scenario.

I am feeling just a bit overwhelmed this week. I do have some exciting news about a possible rehire later this spring. Some of you may remember the purple haired pixie that I hired years ago as my first assistant. Well Laura Cash is all grown up and I think she is in that post college stage of what's next? I hope to throw some freelance work her way this spring & summer. We will be catching up this Friday at lunch.

3 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Love the boxer painting...and "Cassius" is just the best name!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

lovely new doggie portraits!
I have just written a post about your art on my blog and added you to my blogroll. Maybe you'd like to add Flori's blog too?

Keep it up!

Susanne

Manon said...

Linda took the words right out of my mouth! I can't think of a better name for this dog!! Wonderful portrait!