Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Bug Mosaic

( above) Detail
"Fig. 4 Bug"

This is my newest Mosaic. This travel bug is available over at Etsy today. I call him a travel bug because of the map artwork underneath the glass. Bugs are my newest obsession. I love how well the iridescent glass works with these creepy crawlers.

Last Friday I was fortunate to be mentioned in the terrific Mosaic Art Source Blog.
I was thrilled to get some ink so to speak on my mosaic work. Mosaics are my secret passion and a part time pursuit at this point. I love not only making the artwork, but also getting to know a wide variety of talented people that are working in the media.

I am currently working on a promo video for a collaborative pink flamingo project that my teacher is in charge of. I actually am not participating in the mosaic project myself, but I am a total fan of what is going on with Katrina and her army of flamingo artists I hope to post their video soon.
Flamingos, by my classmates

5 comments:

Manon said...

I love the new mosaic Rebecca! If I knew mosaic was your secret passion I would have flown you in to work on mine! LOL!

artpaw said...

LOL ... yea right, still avoiding the 3-D world ... have not got my courage up yet for that.

Jill Beninato said...

I love this new bug...that purple glass is wonderful! I still love the way you let the type show through...it really adds a new level of interest to the piece...

Archie and Melissa said...

hi rebecca!
i love your bugs! i remember the drawing you posted of this one and the color and depth you achieved is so amazing!
congrats on your article. you are so talented!
:) melissa

Linda O'Neill said...

Your mosaic work is fantastic, Rebecca. I like the bug theme...they are always good subjects with their shapes and lines. Congrats on the write-up too!