Saturday, December 04, 2010

Doggy Collars

I love painting the dog collars on my subjects. Sometimes people ask me to remove dog tags or collars in their paintings and I will reluctantly do so. I happen to love dog collars and little heart or boned shaped tags. To me they say "love". They tell me that this dog is so important they need to be protected with a tag and they need a nice sturdy collar that looks good on them.  The first thing we did when we adopted Whitman was go to the store and get him a tag and a collar.  Ah yes, Whitman.......... I promise to take a short break from creating pet portraits this weekend so I can shoot some pics of our new puppy for the blog.  He is at the vet right now with Dan getting set up with heart worm preventative, microchip and so on. I feel guilty this time of year because I spend so much time in front of the computer working on art. The pups don't mind too much, at least I am at home doing my work. The good news is Dan will be off the week after next and he plans to spend a lot of time teaching our new boy a few commands. He may also get roped into stretching a few canvases ... we shall see.

No comments: