Saturday, December 04, 2010

Great Photos = Great Pet Portraits!

I know I sound like a broken record, but my very best pet portraits seem to always start from really great photos.  I just got Pippa's proofs on-line and I am very pleased with this little Puggie.

"Pippa" ( see all proofs)
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

 I had 2 things working in my favor here and the first is a stunning high resolution original image, the 2nd is good communication.  The client specified that she liked Bubba the Pug, so I knew she would not be afraid of color. I opened up Bubba and made sure to include some of the orange strokes and yellow tones on Pippa's artwork. You can see Bubba below.

"Bubba"
© rebecca collins / artpaw.com

Taking Good Pet Photos:
I know that during the holidays getting a great photo of a pet that is not yours can be a challenge. I can work from almost any image that is a minimum of 500K. I have started a photo tips section on the blog and next year I plan to really start adding to that each week. 

No comments: