Monday, December 13, 2010

Mosaic Monday/ ATC Mosaic Video

Last month I hosted a mosaic ATC card swap here at my home. In addition to trading mosaic art cards with my off-line classmates I also had a hand full of swaps with my on-line pals in the mosaic community. Our theme was Day of the Dead, or the color orange. The card swap idea caught on here locally and other mosaic classes started up card swaps in their classes as well. I hope the idea spreads like wildfire because it is a lot of fun and the whole point for me is to meet more people in the mosaic community both here locally and beyond. The video below showcases just a few cards from our Day of the Dead Swap. I worked very hard on organizing this swap, and I could not have done it without the enthusiasm and encouragement from my friends. I am very fortunate to know a lot of creative people that are just as generous as they are talented.



 Some ATC History:
ATC: artist trading cards, are original works of art about the size of baseball cards (2.5 x 3.5) and they are traded among artists for artists. The term ACEO was created to designate cards that could be sold or produced in limited editions. ACEO stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals".

I am not the first to create mosaic ATC's, or organize a swap. You can find some great mosaic trading cards over at Flickr from a swap that Stacy Alexander started way back in 09.

More Links:
printed atc zine: http://www.atcquarterly.com/
 http://www.art-cards.org/
and my own swap blog: mosaicswap.com

Next Swap is in FEB...
Theme: Hearts, love, passion or the color red ... so who wants to play? 

A few slides below from the video:
© rebecca collins

© Katrina Doran

© Linda Stover

© Kelly Railsback

© Lynn Dubnicka

© Cherie Bolsea

1 comment:

earl said...

very nice work of art. .