Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Art Of War

11 x 14 Loose Wacom Sketch ( above)
"The Art Of War"
16 x 20 Canvas Print ( Above)

Yesterday I posted some quick pencil sketches and it just made me want to try some wacom sketches. So today I am posting Celtie & Pixel in a piece I titled "The Art Of War". Celtie is an adorable little Scottie that we baby sat for a few weeks back along with her brother Rufus. They both own a great human by the name of Cheryl. Cheryl is an artist and Scottie rescue gal.

My Pixel & Celtie love to play tug of war, and boy do they get after it. I created a quick & loose sketch from a photo and then elaborated on it to create the larger work. I really like the toy guts spreading into the border area that contains some quotes from a Chinese military treatise that was written during the 6th century BC by Sun Tzu. I plan to let Celtie's Mom choose between the small loose sketch and the larger piece as a late holiday gift.

3 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Rebecca!
I love it!
What a great piece!
xo
Melissa

Manon said...

I love these Rebecca! Great gift for Celtie's mom!!
Happy New Year!!

Puppy toys said...

Oh that is lovely. I have a scottie and wish I'd taken his little brother too. Lovely portraits thanks for sharing.