Saturday, December 06, 2008

Dalmatian / Nyssa



"Nyssa"

Nyssa's human just signed off on the proof above this morning. This sweet girl passed away last October at the age of 17. It was an honor to work on this lovely girl. I was really drawn to her pretty blue eyes. The snowy photo above was a great shot to work from.

This is a 34 x 34 print and I am looking forward to seeing it printed. The larger works always take my breath away when I see them printed. I would love to think that it is because my artistic skills are highlighted best in the large format however it probably has more to do with the fact that I have a tiny little artist's studio.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nyssa is beautiful and 17 is a grand old age for a Dalmatian.

Naomi said...

Stunning. The original and the art are both beautiful, I've grown up with dalmatians and have a 1 1/2 year old dal girl now and they are absolutely the best dogs you could wish for.

Anonymous said...

As Nyssa's "aunt" I can say that she was a very special grand old lady. She is missed by all who knew her. Kathy